Many lit votive candles by cross.

Our History

The Episcopal Church of the Good Samaritan was organized in 1956 by Clearwater residents to meet the needs of people in newly developing residential areas, then considered the suburbs! The congregation met at Clearwater High School for two years before moving to the current property and worshiping in the building that is now the parish house. The current sanctuary was consecrated in 1964. The congregation flourished as they engaged in ministries both within and outside the church walls.

The last 10 years have challenged us. Our environment has changed. We are no  longer the suburbs; we now find ourselves in a semi-commercial area that has grown up around us. We are primarily an older congregation, but not exclusively so! Our spirit is strong. We remain committed to Christian community even as we serve the needs of the world around us. True to our heritage and to Jesus' example of the Good Samaritan, we continue to ask, "Who is our neighbor?"